Explore behind the scenes of an AZA accredited zoo and see hundreds of animals not visible to the general public. A zoo expert will be your guide for this 30 minute tour, which includes access to animals that are part of our specialized breeding program, or in other words, Reptiland’s nursery. See tanks of poison dart frog tadpoles, as well as rare gecko and lizard species recently hatched. Learn which animals are part of AZA’s Species Survival Plan and Reptiland’s role in this important conservation effort. Some other species featured off display include but are not limited to; dwarf crocodiles, juvenile green mambas, frilled lizards, chameleons, tarantulas, scorpions, giant Indian fruit bat, and—until they move into their new home—our Komodo dragons. The tour also features our extensive venomous snake collection and you may even get to see a cobra in the hooded posture. Experience what only zoo staff get to see with this one of a kind tour.
- $30 per person with a maximum of 10 people
- Groups of less than 10 require a $120 minimum
- No one under 12 permitted behind the scenes
- Tour limited to 30 minutes
- NO audio or video recording of any kind permitted
- Price does not include general admission
Call (800) 737-8452 to reserve a date