After more than 12 weeks of being closed due to COVID-19, we’re excited to announce that we will reopen this Friday!
Throughout the pandemic shutdown, we have had essential employees working behind-the-scenes. To keep more than 800 animals that reside at the zoo fed and cared for, our keeper staff have continued to provide the same excellent husbandry services despite being closed to the public.
“The past few months have been difficult for us, as they have been for nearly every business. Field trips, special events, and many other aspects of our business have been affected. That’s why we’re eager to get back to what we do best—educating and entertaining the public. But we’re committed to doing it in the safest and most responsible way possible; the health and safety of both our staff and visitors is paramount,” said Clyde Peeling, director.
Many safety measures and procedures have been put into place to prepare for our reopening.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the admissions desk
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the zoo
- High-touch areas will be cleaned frequently
- Signs encouraging social distancing have been installed
- Zoo staff will wear facial coverings
- Live shows will be given at 50% capacity to allow for proper social distancing
In return, we ask that visitors wear facial coverings and practice social distancing at all times.
Beginning this Friday, the zoo will operate daily from 10am to 5pm until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
We hope to see you soon!