The zoo is currently open and operating under regular business hours with safety precautions in place (details below).
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Many safety measures and procedures have been put into place to ensure the health and safety of everyone at the zoo.
- Sneeze guards are installed at the admissions desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the zoo.
- High-touch areas are cleaned frequently.
- Signs encouraging social distancing can be found throughout the zoo.
- Face coverings are worn by all staff.
- Live shows are given at 50% capacity to allow for proper social distancing.
In return, we ask that visitors wear face coverings, practice proper hand hygiene, and maintain social distancing at all times.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Throughout the pandemic shutdowns, we had essential employees working behind-the-scenes. To keep more than 800 animals that reside at the zoo fed and cared for, our keeper staff continued to provide the same excellent husbandry services despite being closed to the public.
“2020 has been difficult for us, as it has been for nearly every business. Field trips, special events, and many other aspects of our business have been affected. That’s why we’re eager to continue doing what we do best—educating and entertaining the public. But we’re committed to doing it in the safest and most responsible way possible; the health and safety of both our staff and visitors is paramount,” said Clyde Peeling, director.